SMS Messaging in ResBook
ResBook is not only able to send emails to your guests with their booking information, but you can also send SMS messages to them from the Manual Booking Form.
- There is a charge for each message sent.
- Charges/Plans are handled by SMS Global.
- SMS sent to guests will be sent to the mobile phone number provided by the guest. This must be the correct international format (New Zealand = 64211XXXXXXX / Australia = 614XXXXXXXXX....)
- SMS message can utilize a range of pre-configured templates, just like emails.
- Any reply SMS from the guest will be sent to the nominated email address on your SMS Global account.
Steps for setting up SMS to communicate with guests:
- Create an account with SMSglobal and add credit.
- Contact [email protected] to add the SMS integration to your ResBook account.
- Add your registered email ID from SMS Global to ResBook under System Settings > General Settings > Global SMS Email.
- Head to System Settings > SMS Templates, to manage your message templates (you can set these up similar to email templates). We have over 20 templates you can manage to create a personalized experience for your guests.
Note: Remember standard text limits are around 150 characters long. Messages that use more than 150 characters will send multiple messages from your SMS Global account. This will ensure all the content reaches your guest.
Sending an SMS
- Open a booking in ResBook and scroll down to the bottom.
- Click on the "Send SMS" button, and select the SMS Template you wish to use.
- Once you have selected your chosen template, the editing screen will appear to allow you to customize changes before sending the SMS.
- Click the "Send SMS" button and your guest will receive the SMS message. You will also receive an email confirming that the SMS was sent.
The mobile number will automatically populate from the contact details in the booking, but for it to work you will need to ensure the number is in the correct format with no spaces.
If the number has populated incorrectly, you can correct it if you like. For future use, correcting the contact details will solve this issue if you wish to contact them again.
For more information please see this help article.