Please see below ResBook releases for the 16th of October 2019.
ResBook has strengthened it's integration with Mailchimp. Read all about it below.
About our integration
After this latest update ResBook users can expect the below benefits from our integration with Mailchimp:
- New contacts in ResBook can be sent to a specific list in Mailchimp.
- In the CRM, you can view which mail list each contact is subscribed to and add them to others if you wish.
- Users can add "a subscribe to newsletter" tick box to the ResBook booking form.
- Users can create campaigns straight from ResBook using stock unit data such as; photos, room/property names, descriptions, rates, straight from ResBook.
- In the CRM, you view the latest five campaigns that have been sent to each contact.
How do I use the integration?
1. Connect ResBook to MailChimp
To connect your MailChimp to ResBook, go to Settings > System Settings > MailChimp.
Then click on the "Connect to MailChimp" button.
You will then be redirected to a login screen where you will need to enter your MailChimp log-in details.
Once you have entered your log-in details, you will be redirected to MailChimp, at which point you will now be connected.
2. Managing Mailchimp settings
To manage your Mailchimp settings head to Settings > System Settings > MailChimp.
There are three options listed on this page that you can configure:
- "Do you want to add a newsletter subscription option at the booking page?": This allows you to add a subscription tick box to the booking form to provide guests the option of signing up to your marketing campaigns. Guests will then get an email asking them if they wish to confirm their subscription.
- "Select the List you want to add the guests to": This setting will determine which list in Mailchimp your ResBook contacts are sent to.
- "Automatically send Guests from CRM to Mailchimp": If you wish to also send any manually added contacts to Mailchimp you can use this setting to automically provide them to the list selected prior.
3. Create a Campaign in ResBook for MailChimp.
Now you can also create campaigns straight from within ResBook itself.
Here are the steps to create one:
In Mailchimp create a template, create the header, footer and add the text: ^^placeholder^^ and save. This is the area in the Mailchimp template that will be replaced with ResBook content (e.g. room information and additional content you add via the ResBook campaign building process).
Head back to ResBook and click on the "Create Campaign" button.
You can customize your campaign by the following:
- Adding a Title
- Choosing a Mailing List
- Choosing a Template (this will have to be previously created in Mailchimp)
- Your email 'From Name'
- Your 'From Email Address' (has to be same as the verified email in your mailchimp account)
- Your Email Subject
- As well as your Main Content.
Note: Add the text: ^^placeholder^^ to the body of the template that you wish to use from Mailchimp. The campaign cannot be sent to MailChimp unless this has been added.
Click the "Next" button once you have finished.
Now you can choose the stock units you wish to feature in the new campaign.
Select the relevant stock units to feature by ticking the boxes to pull across the following information from the stock unit settings
- the name
- bed, bath and guest numbers
- all images
- email content (with formatting)
- link to webpage
- address lines 1,2 and town
Click "Next" to continue.
This next step will allow you to add additional content (sub articles) to your campaign in addition to your main content. Just add content into the text box on the page and then click "Next" once finished.
You can now get a preview of your campaign to look over and edit before you send it off to MailChimp. Here you can make sure that your campaign looks how you want it to, before it gets sent to your subscribers and your guest list.
If you wish to edit the design elements of the featured properties like change the default font or images, you can do it at this stage.
Once finished, click "Send to MailChimp".
A small confirmation box will appear at the top of your screen to confirm that your campaign has been sent to MailChimp.
Log-in to MailChimp and you will see your new campaign there under 'Campaigns'. You can edit or send the campaign from here.
4. Mailchimp in the CRM
You can view and manage some details on what Mailchimp activity has occurred for each contact. Simply head to the CRM and click on the guest contact you wish to view Mailchimp details for.
When a guest has been added to a Mailchimp mailing list the name of the list will appear here. You can also see the latest five campaigns that have been sent to them via ResBook.
If you wish to edit which lists the contact is signed up to, you can by clicking on the "Edit" tab.