Let's begin with some Booking.com stats just to get your juices following:
- Established in 1996, booking.com has grown from a small Dutch startup to one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world.
- Over 17,000 people employed in over 198 offices in 70 countries worldwide.
- Each day more than 1,550,000 rooms nights are reserved on their platform.
- Over 139,868 listings and the site is now in 40 languages!
We can't start talking more about generating more sales from Bookings.com until we discuss room availability. You need to ensure you have availability so that you can maximise every opportunity to be seen by potential bookers.
Strategies to implement to generate more bookings & customers
- We recommend that you have rates for the next 12 months loaded into the system. People book well in advance for their holidays so get in there and get your rates loaded to make certain you're in every search results page possible.
- If you want to appeal to a larger audience then look at your booking policies and offer some level of flexibility. Think about your cancelation rules and regulations. Having flexibility, especially for long stays or off-peak times, might be useful in generating additional interest in your property.
- Review and consider adding new content, think about adding more appealing images, a more descriptive property profile or content that readers will find of special interest. This, of course, does not mean you need to make things up in order to get people to buy from you but if there is room for improvement in regards to replacing old with new information then spruce it up today!
- Be available when you can during your customer's visit. Make certain you are very welcoming when visitors do come and stay as this will ensure they have a memorable stay which of course filters through to even better Guest Reviews on Booking.com. And do not forget to reply to each review you do get with a smile and a thank you emoji it just makes a better impression!